Are you Eligible for a Free Flu Vaccine?
Flu can cause severe illness and even death among vulnerable groups including older people, pregnant women and people with an underlying health condition.
Certain people are more likely to develop potentially serious complications of flu, such as bronchitis and pneumonia. These people are advised to have a flu vaccine each year.
The injected flu vaccine is offered free of charge on the NHS to people who are at risk. This is to help protect them against catching flu and developing serious complications.
Flu Vaccination Clinics
The flu vaccination clinics will take place on the following dates:
How Will Flu Clinics Run?
The Flu clinics will run similar to how we ran the COVID vaccine clinics.
- You will be given a time slot when you book your appointment – Please arrive at this allotted time
- When you arrive you will form a queue at the front doors. You will enter the Surgery when you are at the front of the queue.
- Once in the Surgery, you will be given a seat in the waiting room – chairs are disinfected after each patient
- You will be vaccinated by the next available clinician
- Once vaccinated you will exit via the side door
Flu Clinic Rules
The way we are running flu clinics has changed. Due to COVID19, we need to follow strict rules:
- Please bring your own PPE (mask/face covering).
- Always adhere to social distancing
- Only the patient with appointment can attend
- Go to the loo before – You will not be able to use our toilets
- Wear clothing that can be easily removed – e.g. short sleeves with an overcoat
- Once you have been escorted from the surgery. Please leave the car park to avoid congestion.
- We need all the parking spaces! Please do not leave your vehicle any longer than your appointment.
- Please do not be abusive to the staff! It is a stressful day for all and we are trying our best to help in a difficult time.
Limited Car Parking
Due to the marquees and volume of patients attending, there will be limited car parking on site. If possible, please park elsewhere and walk to the surgery. You are able to use the Machynlleth Hospital Car Park if there are none on site.
How to Book
You will be able to book from the 15th of September. To book your flu clinic appointment please:
01654 702 224
© 2021 Dyfi Valley Health