How to have a video consolation
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are not able to physically see as many of you. However, we have been trying to find different ways to care for you. One of the options that has newly opened to us is using video consultation.
What do I need for it to work?
- A smartphone, either with working Wifi/3G/4G connection
- Your Internet Browser needs to have your phone’s microphone and camera enabled (you can see how to alter this in your phone settings here)
- iPhones running older software that has not been updated (iOS 12 and earlier) will need to download the Whereby app to join the consultation)
If your clinician feels your triage consultation would benefit from a video call (it is at their discretion) and you are able to receive one, the following will take place:
Your clinician will send you a text message with a link to load video consultation, that looks something like this:
Open the message and click on the link.
What you need to do
- The link will then open your internet browser (e.g. Safari, Chrome)
- Click “Continue in Browser”
- If you have an iPhone that is running iOS 12 or earlier you will have to download the Whereby app.
- It may show you a screen where you need to click “Request permissions” to enable your camera and your microphone
- Then you need to click “Join Meeting”
You should then be able to see your clinician